Thursday, November 18, 2010

Michi's Ladder

One of the first things I found online was this wonderful chart: Michi's Ladder which outlines 4 "tiers" of foods that are really a first stepping stone for those who are trying to eat cleanly. I highly recommend printing this out and putting it on the fridge - it's an excellent beginner's guide to "what's good and what's bad" in the world of CE ( Clean Eating ). Yes, we all know over processed foods - foods that don't naturally occur in Nature aren't what we should be putting in our bodies - but initially trying to put this into action is hard if you've eaten poorly all your life. I take issue with shrimp being a 3rd tier food - but in my tier system, shrimp is a tier 2 food. ;-)
People just getting interested in CE need some black and whites - this is ok, this is not. I found this chart extremely helpful, and I hope you do, too.