Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Latest CE Obsession: Chocolate Whey Oatmeal with Banana

My husband always likes to kid me by saying I'm easily distracted by shiny objects. The man knows of what he speaks - I am.
And my recent distraction?

Chocolate oatmeal with banana and honey. 

 ( photo credit : imtoobusy.com )



Looks kinda gross, huh? It isn't, I swear!

Simply prepare oatmeal as you normally would ( I use almond milk ) and add a scoopful of chocolate whey powder to the oatmeal. Add about 1/3 - 1/2 c more water than you normally would to adjust for the powder. A squirt of honey, a cut up banana...and you've got yourself a very filling nutritional powerhouse that will keep your machine going and going.

Why is this recipe so important? Think about it.

You are combining a complex carbohydrate ( the oatmeal ) with a strong protein ( chocolate whey ) with a vitamin and nutrient filled fruit
( the banana ), and adding a little simple sugar to give you an instant boost ( the honey. )

This is an excellent way to start the day, and I've even eaten it for lunch when I've left my lunch at home ( don't you hate that? ) and I've turned to my desk drawer to cobble together a Clean meal.