Thank you so much to Addapinch.com who came up with this recipe and posted it - along with the photo below.
Note: Worcestershire and soy sauce aren't particularly Clean because of their high sodium content, but the amount called for in the recipe versus the amount of meat and balsamic leads me to believe they are only present to calm the balsamic flavor and enhance it without it being overpowering - so I'm inclined to keep it in the recipe.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast
- 1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
- 1 cup organic low sodium beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
- Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over roast beef.
- Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.