Monday, December 3, 2012

Product Review: Zone Perfect Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bar

You know I keep my eyes peeled for new products that will fit into my CE lifestyle. 2 weeks ago, I stumbled across these bars at my local grocery store. Produced by Zone Perfect ( whose normal regular bars have about a jillion unnecessary ingredients! ), this new offering grabbed my attention - and definitely my affection...Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bars


The ingredients are, as billed, pretty simple.

Peanut Crunch: Peanut Butter (Peanuts), Invert Evaporated Cane Juice, Soy Protein Isolate, Date Paste, Rolled Oats, and Coconut.

Cranberry Almond: Soy Protein Isolate, Apple Juice Concentrate, Sweetened Dried Cranberries (Sugar, Dried Cranberries, Sunflower Oil), Date Paste, Roasted Almonds (Almonds, High Oleic Sunflower Oil), Dried Pomegranate Seeds, and Cinnamon Powder.

Toasted Coconut:  Invert Dried Cane Syrup, Date Paste, Soy Protein Isolate, Toasted Coconut, Roasted Almonds (Almonds, High Oleic Sunflower Oil), Whey Protein Isolate, and Natural Vanilla Flavor.

I only had the peanut crunch and the cranberry almond...but I'd definitely buy them again. They have a delightful crunch to them that reminded me of that rice crunch in a Nestles Crunch candy bar - it was different and really mentally satisfying! The bars are firmer than Lara Bars - not a "fruit paste" consistency, but have more of a drier, cake/cookie like consistency. It's hard to describe - but if you dislike Lara bars because of the consistency ( so don't like them because of texture ) , I'd tell you to try these instead.

Now, be aware - these are NOT diet food. They range from 170 to 200 calories per bar, and they aren't huge. But a quick afternoon pick-me-up? A mini-meal on the go? Something to tuck into your carry on for a flight or keep in your desk? These are perfect - Perfectly Simple.

Two CE thumbs up!