Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spicy Crunchy Chickpeas

I discovered this recipe in a magazine ( I've completely forgotten which one; I tore it out of the magazine! ) and I made them last night. They are delicious...and I'm not a huge chickpea fan! I sprinkled mine with a little turbinado sugar. If you do add sugar, turn the heat down to 325 or so, and bake a bit longer than 45 minutes.



2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 - 15 1/2 oz cans chick peas, rinse, drained, and thoroughly patted dry.

Preheat oven to 375. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly. Spread onto baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 45-50 minutes or until browned and crunchy. Stir or shake the baking sheet often to help the drying process.

Note: For maximum crunchiness, use paper towels to dry the chickpeas well before baking!