Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update on Last Night's Christmas Party

     We had a lovely time at the Christmas party last night, despite a cold persistent rain all evening. I'm happy to report I did very well CE wise - I started with a lobster and avocado over field greens salad ( delicious! ) and had my "pre-scoped out" dish as my entree - the pepita encrusted salmon with sauteed spinach and roasted potatoes. I also ordered a side of grilled asparagus and I was not disappointed - crisp and amazing - perhaps the best asparagus I've ever had. No bread to start when all around me gulped slices, and no dessert. I was very pleased with myself ( sounds corny, huh? ) 

     My boss is quite the host, and he kept worrying that I was drinking iced tea ( I'm a Southerner - iced tea is good all year 'round! ). Alcohol is not Clean Eats and I don't drink much anyway, so it's no big deal to shy away from it for me. However, my boss kept prodding ( Beer? Wine? Martini? ) until a co-worker kindly ( ! ) offered up that I do have a taste for whisky. The restaurant we were at has a famous selection of whisky, and my boss wasted no time ordering a very expensive glass ( behind my back ) for me : a 25 year old Glenfarclas. My jaw dropped as it was handed to me; It's an expensive single malt and I'm sure my boss paid at least $40-50 for the glass that was handed to me. It was delicious, and I was stunned at his generosity and the head and shoulders above any other whisky I've ever had ( sorry Laphroaig! ) of the yumminess of the Glenfarclas. *sigh*

A small 3 fingers of indulgence - now, back to your regularly scheduled CE. :)