Friday, June 3, 2011

Clean Eating Prepared Salsa

   I've discovered a fresh cut salsa that is remarkably Clean - Fresh Cuts fresh salsa.


     You'll find it in the fresh vegetable section of your grocery store, in the area where they keep refrigerated items. I've found this under multiple different generic grocery store brand names in different super markets - so look for packaging that essentially looks like the container above. It's all made by the same company for "private label" grocery store branding.
     The sodium level per serving is tolerable - 55mg for 2 tablespoons. I find it delicious on Wasa bread crisps, or in addition to meals like chicken or pork. I've also enjoyed a tablespoon on top of my turkey burgers. The "regular" kind isn't spicy at all, but they do have a hot version. My husband doesn't care for this as he says he tastes the cucumber in it, and he is NOT a fan of cucumbers ( odd man... ) so just be aware, if cucumbers aren't your thing you might want to keep looking.

  • Ingredients

    Tomato, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Red Onion, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Tomato Juice, Garlic, Poblano Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Salt.