Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grape Nuts Breakfast Bars

     I've still got breakfast on my mind - a quick and easy smackerel to have with my coffee as I commute to work. An hour after I get to work,  I usually have oatmeal or yogurt and fruit. Grape Nuts are pretty simple stuff. I like them sprinkled in my yogurt, too. When I found this breakfast bar recipe - I knew these were another little piece of my Clean Eating puzzle.


Grape Nuts Breakfast Bars

3 cups Grape Nuts cereal
1 cup nonfat milk
1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1 cup raisins or craisins or other dried fruit chopped to raisin size
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a nonstick 9-in square baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, or until firm. Cool and cut into 12 squares.