Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another Clean Eating Jarred Tomato Sauce: Gina Rispoli


     Last week,  I was in the grocery store and noticed a new ( to my store ) tomato sauce: Gina Rispoli. A large jar, it was on sale for a low introductory price and with a visible $1 off peelie coupon attached, I couldn't help but pick it up and examine the ingredients:

     Ingredients: whole Italian plum tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, pure Italian olive oil, fresh white onions, fresh chopped basil, fresh garlic, sea salt, spices.

     Really? Wow - a remarkably Clean tomato sauce! I brought a jar home and served it with my turkey meatballs.  It was delicious! A bright tomato taste - not muddled with chemicals, not sickeningly sweet like many tomato sauces with added sugar, not too salty...it was just perfect. A lot of times, you just don't have time to make it yourself - this is where relatively Clean processed choices like Gina Rispoli come in to fill the need.

     If you have this brand in your stores and have been looking for a good "go to" jarred pasta sauce - consider Gina Rispoli. I was quite impressed.