Friday, September 7, 2012

Clean Eating Prep Ahead: Eggs in Muffin Tins

Over the long holiday weekend that just passed, I decided to use my time by catching up on some projects I'd been putting off for a long time. I cleaned a lot of paperwork off my desk, I cleaned the fridge, and I did some Clean Eating prep I've been meaning to do. One of them was making "cook ahead" egg and veggie cups I saw on Pinterest.

Simply spray a muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray ( or wipe down each cup with Olive Oil , crack an egg into the cup, add seasoning ( a dash of hot sauce,  salt & pepper, onion powder... ) and a few bits of leftover vegetables. In this case, leftover spinach. If you like, you can use a plastic fork to slightly scramble each egg in the cup.



Pop the tray into an oven set to about 350 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes, cook, cool completely, then place the egg cups into a freezer bag and freeze until ready to use. I put 3 of the egg cups into a sandwich bag and froze them in groups of 3. This way the night before, I'll be able to pull a single bag out of the freezer, put it in the fridge, and by the time I make it to work the next day...they are thawed.



They turned out nicely and with some fruit make a very nice little breakfast!