One of the hardest things for some trying to eat clean is replacing the soda they've come to depend on for their liquid with water. It is one addiction that is brutally hard to change, for some. I guess I was lucky; I was drinking iced tea and water for quite some time and had nearly shied away from my beloved Diet Coke completely once I embraced CE.
Soda - especially Diet Sodas - increases your appetite, and increases overall cravings for sugary, fatty treats...definitely not Clean Eats.
Give up one daily 20-ounce cola and at the end of the year you’ll save:
- 91,000 calories
- 7,280 teaspoons of sugar
- Potentially lose up to 26 pounds of fat
1. Add carbonated water to your soda to thin it out gradually. Over a period of a week or so, you should be at a 50/50 mix of soda to carbonated water. After that, start thinning it more until you feel you can make the break from soda completely.
2. Go get yourself a Brita water filter and keep it in the fridge so you always have ice cold water on hand. Add lemon or lime juice if you need a flavor.
3. Mentally prepare yourself for the switch to water / iced tea only. Keep telling yourself that drinking soda will not get you where you want to be. It is liquid chemicals that are keeping you fat, increasing your appetite, and pulling you away from the person you want to become. A healthy, slender person - clean inside and out.
4. Always have a BPA free water bottle with you. Keeping yourself well hydrated with water will keep you from craving inappropriate liquids - specifically, soda.
5. Start drinking hot tea or chai in the mid-morning / afternoon. Hot liquids will really help keep soda urges at bay.