I received a very wonderful little blog bling from my dear friend, North.
Liebster means "beloved" in German, and this little bit of fun is passed from a blogger who likes your work to another blogger you admire and respect.
Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.
I follow and read a wide variety of blogs - mainly couponing, Clean Eating / Healthy Eating, Preparedness and Self Sufficiency, Guns and Female gun bloggers, and an assortment of humorous blogs.
So I chose the following blogs:
1. Saving Money Journal: Lisa lives nearish to me in Virginia, and is a superb couponer. Her blog is simply her most recent transactions - all spelled out, line item by line item. No smoke and mirrors, no jazz hands - just a chronicle of her shopping efforts. She doesn't blog for comments, she doesn't blog to make money. She blogs simply to show the world exactly what a woman with a coupon can do - and I respect the heck out of that. Thanks, Lisa!
2. Bells A Ringing: Southern Belle and her man kx59 live in Texas with their guns, socio-political commentary, and wicked sense of humor. You never quite know what you're going to get day in and out there - could be an essay on something that raised kx's hackles, could be a Youtube video of something funny, could be a range report, or ( my favorites ) Belle reporting her evenings throwing darts at a local pub ( You know it's a fun blog when these dart posts are filed under "Drunks with Pointy Things" !! ) Now if I could only get kx to commit to Clean Eating... *wink*
3. Printable Coupons and Deals: This blog is a "several visits daily" for me, as something new is always popping up. Steph is diligent to post one of the largest collections of Internet Printable coupons ( IPs ) on the web. I don't know how she does it - but this blog is a HUGE resource and if you are into printing coupons - bookmark Steph's little corner of the couponing world. She's one of the best.
4. Kelly at Eat Yourself Skinny is waaay too smart for being in her 20's! Her recipes are unique, interesting, and best of all for me, almost entirely Clean. Her food photography is outstanding, and I love the way she interweaves personal bits into her recipe presentation. She's not pretentious or wordy or preachy. She's talking with you, not at you - and I like that, a lot. Thanks for being the basis for several "Recipes of the Day" here at Clean Eating Eve!
5. Food Network Humor: Ok, technically this isn't a small blog ( I don't see any Followers ticker! ) But if you think the Food Network is scraping the bottom of the barrel, you hate Guy Fieri, and you've looked at Sandra Lee / Paula Deen / Rachel Ray and thought "WTF?" or "Is she drunk/high?" - this blog is for you. They poke fun at the Food Network like nobody's business, and nothing is off limits - so warning, a lot of times this is NSFW. Funny as hell - but NSFW.