Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Curb Nightly Cravings With Herbal Tea




Find yourself ( like me ) struggling with late night snacking urges? Do you find yourself aimlessly opening and closing pantry doors looking for something to eat?

Have you considered herbal tea?

I drink a large cup of peppermint herbal tea nightly, and I have to say it helps me significantly cut down on cravings and urges. I'm much more likely to eat Clean on nights when I brew myself a hot mug of tea than on nights when I go it with water alone. Why? There appears to be anecdotal evidence that suggests herbal teas can aid digestion, calm agitation / promote sound sleep, and many people find it helpful in weight loss. Perhaps herbal tea has properties that allow the body to feel "preoccupied" metabolically, and thus your brain has an easier time saying "no" to inappropriate choices.

Whatever the reason, if you are not a regular tea drinker already, I would encourage you to visit your store's tea aisle, pick a flavor that you would find pleasing, and try it for a few consecutive nights. Are you more able to resist nightly temptations?