- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a blender, combine fresh cilantro leaves, fresh parsley leaves, white onion, garlic clove, and water. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and blend until smooth, 15 seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high. Add 1 cup rice and stir to coat. Add herb mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon oil and fluff with a fork. Serve rice with lime wedges if desired.
Thanks, Everyday Food
Maura's note: if you don't have access to fresh cilantro or don't have a blender / food processor - you will get almost similar results if you use Gourmet Garden's Fresh Herbs in a Tube.
You can find these in the produce section of your grocery store. Also, if you don't care for the taste of cilantro
( I'm looking at a specific person right now... ), this recipe is more than likely bendable to different types of green herbs and could be an interesting experiment...