Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene & Me






Just a quick note: I'm in the path of Hurricane Irene, and it will be on my doorstep in the next 12+ hours. I'm not really concerned - I live a few hours inland, and have a well stocked house. My family and I could live happily off the grid for well over 2 weeks before we might need supplies. However - the electric company in my area is *ahem* less than optimal, and slow to react to emergencies. I might lose power for a few hours. It might be a few days.

If you come back in the coming days and see my daily tidbits haven't been updated, and I haven't posted anything new...my power is off, but I'll be back as soon as I can.


First an earthquake, now a hurricane. Next week: plague of locusts.

Of course, somebody made a takeoff of "Come On, Eileen" - Worst James Rowland impression EVER.
 





Edited to add: Well, it is Sunday - and the hurricane was a non-event for those of us in the DC area. Windy and rainy for sure - but otherwise...we never lost power. 
Back to your regularly scheduled Clean programming...