( now ) dormant sweet tooth.
Sweet potato spread is a fun, versatile recipe. Use it on crackers or veggies as a dip. Use it as a sandwich filling. Best of all, the recipe is easily tweaked to accommodate your tastes. You could leave out the curry, but add some honey and cinnamon to make it less savory.
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes, about 260 grams
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini or 1 tablespoon natural unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.( or microwave until cooked )
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife (about 30 minutes). (During this period, prepare sauce.).
- Remove from saucepan. When cool, remove skin.
- While potatoes are cooking, peel carrot and onion, and chop into small pieces.
- Place chopped carrot and onion into another saucepan and cover with 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer carrots and onions until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Combine in food processor or mash until thin with potato rice / masher/
- Pureee sweet potato in a food processor with tahini or almond butter, curry powder, and ground cumin until just combined.
- Add carrot-onion mixture and puree until smooth.