Saturday, February 11, 2012

Going Out To Dinner


      So my man and I will be attending a nice dinner this evening my company is hosting at a pretty swank restaurant in our area. It's our company Christmas party, rescheduled from an earlier date for a variety of unforseen circumstances. There will be about 25 people there - the engineers and support staff in my company, and our respective spouses. This is an upscale steakhouse, the kind where steak is priced according to how long it is aged, and everything is a la carte. You order the meat, then you order your vegetable, etc. You build your meal as you see fit, not as the chef or owner thinks your meal should be - and it is priced accordingly.

      As I usually do at times like this, I try to look online and see if the menu is posted on their website - and it is. I scoped it out thoroughly, and calculated the 2 best options for me for this evening: While I could have a 14 oz Kobe ribeye steak for almost $60 ( !!! I could feed my family for a week on $60! ) ...here are my 2 main options. I'll make my final decision this evening based on my mood at the time.

FILET MIGNON, 11oz
 or
PAN SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS

with a few of the following:

GRILLED ASPARAGUS
SAUTEED WILD MUSHROOMS
ONE POUND BAKED SWEET POTATO

if I get the scallops, I'll have SMOKED NORTH ATLANTIC SALMON as an appetizer.
if I get the beef, I'll have a simple HOUSE SALAD with balsamic vinaigrette.

Having a plan before you go into an eating scenario like this is very important. Because last year, my boss discovered I have a weakness for whisky... I decided to eat really carefully so I can enjoy the undoubted glass of liquid fire sure to be stuck in my hand this evening. Plan carefully on this hand...indulge carefully on the other hand...*wink*