Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Have You Tried: Baby Yukon Potatoes?



I was very intrigued a few days ago when I found a pretty rare sight at the store - at least for me. Fingerling
( baby Yukon ) potatoes. I can't usually find them in my area. There was a small bin of them, so I filled a bag and planned on roasted fingerlings with dinner. Fingerlings are so small you generally don't have to remove root spots. They look essentially like the plate above.

After washing, I simply tossed them with a few tablespoons of high quality olive oil, and some random seasonings: garlic powder, Italian blend, and some extra oregano and basil.

Spread out on a baking tray:



I roasted them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Then for about 10 minutes, I put the oven on "broil"        ( 450 degrees on my little convection oven ) and browned them up.Absolutely delicious, and easy to make!