Saturday, May 28, 2011

In Praise of CVS Gold Emblem Roasted and Salted Almonds






If you find yourself looking for a CE smackerel in the evenings, I suggest the next time you visit CVS for a prescription or the like, take a stroll down their nut / snack aisle. A 1 lb bag of their "house brand"  ( Gold Emblem , see pic above ) is normally $5.99 ( a good price for high quality almonds ) - and you can often get them on sale and with a CVS coupon for as low as $3.99 or $2.99. They are lightly salted and not covered n anything unnatural. I think they are the best almonds I've ever had. Seriously - they are that good. I wouldn't advocate eating them every day if you are CE for weight loss - but they really hit the snack spot when you need it and will keep you on the CE path.


( This post originally ran back in November of 2010 - but as I just stopped at CVS and got myself another bag of these yummers - I thought I'd bump this for my newer readers who might not be aware of them. )