Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trader Joe's Spotlight: Mahi Mahi Burgers

After my recent discovery of Trident's salmon burger which is nearly perfect for Clean Eaters, I've kept my eyes peeled for other similar products. I've seen many frozen turkey burgers ( some of which are not clean; check those ingredient labels to ensure you aren't getting a lot of sodium and unwanted preservatives ). However, the Trader Joe's spotlight this week is on their Mahi-Mahi burgers.



     These little patties are simply delicious. At 110 calories a piece, the 320 mg of sodium each 3 oz patty has is high, but tolerable. Each patty has 15 mg of protein - very strong source of protein. They say they are unflavored, but each had a delicate flavor I find myself having trouble describing. Not fishy in any way, shape, or form. I had mine grilled on my favorite appliance - my George Foreman grill - and they were ready quickly. Serve with lettuce, tomato, and onion...you've got yourself a very Clean meal.