Monday, April 11, 2011

Nicer Melon Slicer

I have multiple Kuhn Rikon knives at home; I like their handle, the multicolored blades, and they just work really, really well. The small paring knives are excellent, as are the large chef's knife I own. All non-stick, all quality Japanese steel.

So I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw this advertised in this month's Cooking Light Magazine:
The Kuhn Rikon Melon slicer. It is specifically designed to cut larger, longer melons like watermelon, and melons like cantaloupes and honeydews.






     With its 11" long serrated blade, nonstick surface of Japanese steel, and matching knife sheath...this will be a Kuhn Rikon I will be adding to my growing collection. I am looking forward to peak melon season just around the corner and I can imagine this knife will become invaluable. Buying pre-cut fruit is just too expensive!


http://www.chefsresource.com/kuhn-rikon-melon-knife.html