Friday, June 15, 2012

Here's Where The Story Ends. Sort Of.

This is my 623rd post since I started this blog back in 2010, chronicling my awakening and embracing of Clean Eating as a permanent, healthy life change. It is wonderful to know that the information I’ve published has helped some people to change their diets and become permanently aware of how what they are eating is damaging ( or enhancing! ) their nutrition, weight, and overall health. 



Last week I saw the picture above on Pinterest, and the thought has been dogging me ever since. 

Log off. Shut Down. Go Run.

My weeks are full of work, taking care of my family and home – and in the remaining time, taking care of myself. I put my foot down
( quite literally ) a month or two ago, and began to get out of the house in the evenings to exercise. Time just for me to take better care of myself. My weekends are full, too – everything above, plus errands and other commitments.  I can’t tell you the last time I went out with a friend for coffee. I just don’t have time.

Weekends have also been blog time for me. Time for me to gather more Clean Eating recipes, search for new motivational pictures, and write blog posts. It takes time. Lots of time. Time I’m not sure I have any longer. Time I think I want to devote to other things. 

I really don’t want to hear my son’s voice in the living room asking “Where’s Mom?” and my husband answering dryly “Where do you THINK she’s at?” – referring to my office, to me being in front of my computer.

Log Off. Shut Down. Go Run.

Last night I was in the park, walking / jogging / walking as I make my way up to more jogging than walking, on my way eventually to running. I made myself a playlist on my Ipod – and a song I’ve heard multiple times in the last few weeks made me stop dead in my tracks. I stopped, and I listened.

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day
So satisfied I'm on my way.
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day
So satisfied I'm on my way.

Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life.
Make the white queen run so fast she hasn't got time to make you a wife.

'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and it's news is captured
For the queen to use.
Move me on to any black square, use me any time you want,
Just remember that the goal is for us to capture all we want, (move me on), yea, yea, yea, yea, yea (to any black square)

Don't surround yourself with yourself, move on back two squares,
Send an instant karma to me, initial it with loving care



Ok, God. You’ve got my attention. Move me on to any black square.



This blog has helped people, and I hope the previous 622 posts help someone Googling “Clean Eating” and discover “Yes. I CAN do this. I can turn my back on processed foods and actually survive.” In that spirit, I’m not going to delete what I’ve posted, though I’ve been contemplating it. That’s just unnecessary and a knee jerk reaction. I promise to continue this blog, and post future items as they come up. However, the posts will no longer be daily. The “Recipe of the Day” will become something of a Clean recipe highlight, as will the Motivational picture.

I’m logging off. I’m shutting the computer down. I’m going running.

But I’ll still be here, eating Cleanly and occasionally sharing it with you. 

Thank you!