Monday, February 4, 2013

Ever Vigilant...

Last week I went to the grocery store, and in the Organic / Healthy food type aisle spotted a "Manager's Special" - canned oranges for $1 a can. Now, that's a really good deal. As I got closer, I realized the mandarin oranges were in "light syrup" - meaning, added sugar; not Clean.



But I picked up the can anyway. I contemplated picking up a few for emergency rations. Canned fruit would be a nice addition, and at 50% off? Yeah, in an emergency I would eat it.


Thanks, no. Trying to cut down on poisoning my family with arsenic and pesticides that are illegal in the U.S. - thank you very much.

This was in the organic food aisle. Be vigilant. Read labels. Question what is in your food, and consider where the food is canned / packed / grown. Do they have the same regulatory food standards we do in the U.S.?

Just because a grocery store has it on display in a prominent location does NOT mean it can be trusted.