- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablesppon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- kosher salt / sea salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice ( original recipe calls for white... )
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt ***
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.
Thanks, Real Simple!