- Constipation and diarrhea relief. Lemons help cleanse the digestive track and allow food to digest properly.
- Lemons aid in the production of antibodies in the blood that attack invading microorganisms and prevent infection.
- Lemon is found to be anti carcinogenic, which can lower the rates of colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
- Because of its high potassium content, lemon controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, and provides relaxation to mind and body.
A few ideas for that lemon in your grocery cart:
- Squeeze half into 20 oz of ice cold water to give it a very slight lemon taste. Not overwhelming, but not straight water either. Great for people who don't care for plain water. Many people firmly believe a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning "kick starts" their metabolism for the day.
- Squeeze lemons over seafood ( a classic pairing ), as an ingredient in your homemade salad dressings, or as a nice zing over things like broccoli or edamame.
- Try experimenting with a squeeze of lemon in an unexpected place: over roasted chicken, a baked sweet potato, or even in your morning oatmeal. You never know until you try!