I've got 2 good ones for you.
Beef and Mushroom Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces ground sirloin - organic beef
- 2 (8-ounce) packages presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added organic tomato paste , with some extra in reserve to make it saucier if need be
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add beef; cook for 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 2. While beef cooks, place mushrooms in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until finely chopped. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato paste and next 5 ingredients (through salt) to pan; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in pepper and hot sauce. Spoon about 1 cup beef mixture on bottom half of each bun; top with top halves of buns.
And those buns shown above are NOT clean!