Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day - A Clean Beginning

     Clean Eating is about taking your health and nutrition seriously. Not putting yourself and your body's needs on the "back burner." The quality of the food you put into your body is directly proportional to the energy, good workings, and mood that comes out. Eat well, and you have energy to get things in your life accomplished. Your health will improve. Your mood will brighten and lift. If you choose to eat poorly, your energy will flag, you will have increased health issues, and you become listless, tired, and depressed.

Garbage in, garbage out.


As a good friend of mine likes to say "So how's that working out for you?"

Yep. That's where I was in August 2010. I knew something had to change. I knew what I was doing wasn't working. I knew my health was compromised. But I was so convinced I couldn't change anything. I was convinced I was the way I was, and that was all there was to it.

And then I did something profound. I stopped eating garbage, and quietly began eating healthier. I took great pains to control my emotional eating. I worked hard to have foods on hand that were nutritious and healthy.

Will 2012 be the year you put aide those habits which have held you back?
Will this coming year be the year that you decide junk food has no place in your diet?
Will you change your life, health, and well being?