Saturday, August 20, 2011

Persistance


The kanji above read "Persistance" - but other interpretations of this can be Endurance, Inner strength, Strength of Heart, and sometimes - Courage.

See the top image - the little swoop with the two dots in it? It mimics the heart. It is meant to draw the human heart into the word's meaning - to imply that inner strength, persistance...comes from an inner resource...your heart.

This word is so important to me, I carry it on my flesh. A reminder that through my strength of heart, I can accomplish anything. I can persist. I can endure.

It has come to my attention that for some, the change to Clean Eating is hard. Removing processed foods, and steering clear of temptations is a daily struggle.

I say to you - Persist. Endure. Make every day a challenge to keep processed foods away.


The only journey is the journey within. - Rainer Maria Rilke
Continuous effort is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill
Fall seven times, stand up eight. - Japanese Proverb
It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. - Albert Einstein
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. - Walter Elliott
Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. - Author Unknown
If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. - Buddhist Saying
Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. - Charles F. Kettering
Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. - William James
Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer. - Author Unknown
Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. - Earl Nightingale
Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
If you are going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. - William Feather
Paralyze resistance with persistence. - Woody Hayes
All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means… you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else. - Vincent Lombardi
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. - Newt Gingrich
How long should you try? Until. - Jim Rohn
Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Author Unknown
You can’t let go and still win. - Author Unknown
It is perseverance which distinguishes the strong from the weak. - Author Unknown