Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Clean Office Desk

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to refill my desk at work with healthier, CE ( emergency ) lunch and snack options for when I get caught short. Here’s what I bought and is now occupying the lower right drawer:

2 sm cans Goya black beans
5 cans white albacore tuna ( I dislike chunk light! )
1 package Wasa bread ( sourdough flavor )
1 jar Skippy peanut butter***
1 box Better Oats Abundance Maple & Brown Sugar multigrain hot cereal ( 5 individual servings )
1 box Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry tea bags
1 bag CVS roasted and salted almonds ( lightly roasted, lightly salted – yum )
1 canister organic raisins

 ** Note: I compared Skippy to many Natural and Organic brands, and found the lower fat version to be almost identical in most ways, in nearly all ingredients to the other organic versions. I like Skippy, I've got a bunch in my house - I'm sticking with Skippy. If you feel an organic product is better - by all means, chose what is best for you. I am not entirely convinced that in this one area, the National brand is "too processed"