My husband and son were talking about going shopping in a local downtown shopping district, and I remembered there is a fabulous pizzeria there that serves an AMAZING pear and gorgonzola pizza. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Believe me - that pizza is excellent and you'll be just as thrilled with this grown up slice of heaven as if you had a slice of "high test / full fat / holy cow this pepperoni is oily" pizza.
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated whole wheat pizza crust dough, or make your own
- 8 ounces sliced organic provolone cheese
- 2 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces chopped walnuts
- 5+ ounces organic Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or sage
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place pizza crust dough on a medium baking sheet or pizza stone and stretch it out. Layer with Provolone cheese. Top cheese with Bosc pear slices. Sprinkle with walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Top with chives and slice to serve.