Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Marinated Raisins

I'm always looking to add a little something different to my cooking - a signature dish, something with flair - something differrent.

This afternoon as I enjoyed a handful of raisins at my desk, a co-worker mentioned his wife marinates raisins and then serves them with chicken, or veggies and they are really good. He mentioned a few herbs ( he's not a cooking sort of guy... ) and left it at that.

I found this recipe on the Sun-Maid Raisin site site that sounds exactly like what was described to me. I'l eager to try these.


Stir into caramelized sweet yellow onions and use as a pizza topping with mozzarella and goat cheese; or fill appetizer phyllo cups, top with goat cheese and bake until warm; or spoon into baked acorn or butternut squash halves.
For a tasty side dish, toss with roasted carrots during last 5 minutes of baking.



Ingredients

3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

COMBINE all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
MICROWAVE on high power 30 to 45 seconds, until warm.
STIR.
REFRIGERATE 30 minutes or until cool.