Thursday, February 10, 2011

Product Review: JJ Flatbreads

You know me, if I have a coupon, I'll try a product that fits into my Clean lifestyle. So when I saw JJ Flatbreads on sale at my local store for $1.66 each - and then just .66 after a .50 coupon ( doubled ) - I bought some to try: 7 Grain, and garlic. They are an Old London product,the same fine folks who bring us Melba Toast.






Mt husband, a notorious snacker, was instantly intrigued as I crunched and munched on the couch. I offered him one , and he declared them absolutely delicious.

We tried the Garlic flavor (INGREDIENTS: UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR), SESAME SEEDS, GRANULATED GARLIC, SALT, YEAST, SUGAR, INACTIVE YEAST )

and the 7 Grain: ( INGREDIENTS: ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON,THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SEVEN GRAIN FLOUR BLEND (WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, YELLOW CORN FLOUR, RICE FLOUR, OAT FLOUR, RYE FLOUR, BUCKWHEAT FLOUR, FLAX FLOUR), SESAME SEEDS, GRAIN BLEND (OAT FLAKES, CRACKED WHEAT, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, FLAX SEED, MILLET), SALT, SUGAR, YEAST, INACTIVE YEAST, POPPY SEEDS, OAT BRAN, WHEAT GERM, BROWN SUGAR, FLAX SEEDS, MILLET, DEHYDRATED GRANULATED GARLIC, SEA SALT. )


I enjoyed them and the calories ( 6 pieces, which is essentially 1 flat , has 100 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 200 mg of sodium ) and clean ingredient lists made me really happy. 


I definitely recommend these for that time when you need a little crispy, crunchy thing that won't break your diet. The crispy brown taste is really good, and I'm looking forward to trying the other flavors.