Cannellini beans, or white kidney beans, are smaller than Great Northern beans and add just the right texture. Great for picnics or lazy-day suppers, this salad stirs together in a flash.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped skinless, boneless chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
PreparationTo prepare salad, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to coat.
Thank you, Cooking Light!